- Dentac London- 35 Gresham Road, London, SW9 7NU (+ Google Map)
- 17:00 - 21:00
Event summary:A 3 hour evening practical CORE CPD course updating you on all the latest issues on managing Medical emergencies in Dental & General medical practice.
MEDICAL EMERGENCIES TRAINING FOR THE WHOLE TEAM
IMA(UK) Exclusive Discount !
working in partnership with Dentac London
“The Academy of Excellence in Dental Education”
A 3 hour evening practical CORE CPD course updating you on all the latest issues on managing Medical emergencies in Dental & General medical practice.
Update your knowledge in the Medical Emergencies AND get your Defibrillator Training done ALL in 3 hours without having to take time off from work.
To be taught by Lyn Watts
RGN, ALS Provider (RC UK)
Wednesday 3rd April 2013
Wednesday 24th April 2013
Monday 29th April 2013
6.00pm – 9.00pm
3 hours verifiable CORE CPD
Venue- Dentac London- 35 Gresham Road, London, SW9 7NU
IMA MEMBER PRICES:
DCP/RGN/Team member: £30
Further Discounts if booking for groups of 5 or more.
Not sure if your membership has lapsed, please contact email@example.com
IMA(UK) Membership is open to all, regardless of profession
Maximum of 20 Participants per course – Apply now to avoid disappointment
TO BOOK: contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Alternative course dates and times will be considered subject to demand and availability.
Please get in touch if you cannot make any of the above dates but would prefer alternatives.
Lyn Watts RGN
Lyn Watts is an Registered General Nurse of some 40 years experience, with a background in both community & anaesthetic nursing. She is a Resuscitation Council UK ALS Provider & a HSE Approved First Aid Trainer.
Lyn has 14 years experience as an NHS Resuscitation Officer working in Community Trusts and specialises in GP and Dental Practice training. Many colleges use Lyn’s services including Brighton University, Plumpton Countryside College in addition to specialist schools, nursing homes and private hospitals. Lyn provides training for NHS dentists covered by East Sussex Primary Care Contracting and Commissioning Directorate as well as delivering regular lectures on dental nurse training courses and for dental Deaneries.
Lyn’s lecturing style bring a wealth of knowledge and humour, and is one of the most comprehensive and practically focussed training courses out there, making the whole learning experience a lot more practical, informative and enjoyable.
● Resus Council UK guidelines on Basic Life Support & choking for Adults, Children and Infants
● The use of the AED, Recommended Drugs and equipment used in practice.
● Signs, symptoms and management of all the main medical emergencies – including: Anaphylaxis, Asthma, MI, Angina, Epilepsy, Hypoglycaemia, Fainting and Hyper-ventilation.
● How to spot early signs of the deteriorating patient using the ABCDE method as recommended by the Resus council.
● The use of an AED’s & oropharangeal airways with demonstration..
● CPR on all age ranges and in special circumstances.
● All about choking and its Treatment
● Airway control
● Criteria for administering adrenaline and the dosages.
● Practical workshop with mock scenarios with post scenario review & evaluations
– See more at: http://imauk.net/index.php/2011-08-04-16-58-20/scimeetsmen/99-medical-emergency-training#sthash.dOxqX5NH.dpuf