- DeVere Hotel, Reebok Stadium, De Havilland Way, Bolton, Greater Manchester, BL6 6SF (+ Google Map)
- 12:30 - 20:00
Event summary:Dear Colleague, The IMA plans to further develop links and network with all individuals interested in helping the IMA achieve its aims and objectives. To that effect, this email is intended for Iraqi professionals in the North. It would be much appreciated if you could forward it on to relatives, friends and colleagues in the North of the United Kingdom.
1. What is the Iraqi Medical Association (UK)?
The IMA(UK) is a professional, non-political and non-profit organisation that was established by a group of Iraqi doctors in 1990 to unite Iraqi medical professionals in the UK & Ireland.
Its aims are to facilitate a collaborative approach by Iraqi doctors, dentists, pharmacists, vets, and other professions allied to medicine to allow us to help each other professionally, academically and socially both here in the UK as well as well as to support the development of medical education and effective healthcare policy in Iraq.
The IMA(UK) is in an exciting phase of development, being involved in a number of new initiatives. These include the formation of an Expert Panel to act in an advisory capacity to colleagues in Iraq, as well as to coordinate teaching and charity work.
2. Why are we contacting you?
We wish to initiate this process by forming an interim sub-committee in the North of England to cater for members in the North and Midlands regions.
As this committee will be representing you, we want you to be part of this important decision making process.
Members can run for the following regional sub-committee positions:
- Communication Officer
- Membership Officer
- Events Officer
- Scientific Officer
- Student Officer
The first regional sub-committee positions will be held for a 12 month period after which they will be elected on a bi-annual basis. Thereafter the IMA(UK) will be supporting the formation of Regional Sub-Committee’s throughout the rest of the UK.
3. What do you need to do?
1. Register with us by clicking here. Please note that to be eligible to vote or be nominated, you must be a fully paid member. Review the interim regional committee guidelines for election rules and regulations. Deadlines for nominations will be Sunday 8th April 2012 at 8pm. All nominees and voters MUST be paid members, this can be done on the day of the election.
3. Even if you do not wish to nominate yourself, this regional sub-committee will be representing you, we would encourage to you register with the IMA and come along to the IMA North Launch and elections (Sunday April 22nd – TBC). You can also become a full member on the day!
Details: DeVere Hotel, Reebok Stadium, De Havilland Way, Bolton, Greater Manchester BL6 6SF
4. If you have any additional queries please contact our regional co-ordinator: firstname.lastname@example.org
5. Please forward this email on to any interested friends or colleagues
We look forward to seeing you on the day!